swafernan.blogspot.com

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Create your free world visitor maps

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Metaphor

An Exercise in Writing Metaphors: Complete the sentences to make your own metaphors.

1. The moon is a ____half watermelon_____.

2. Freckles are ______choco chips___ when they spread across your face.

3. His arms were ____big______ as they lifted the heavy chair.

4. The stars are _____good_______ as they twinkle in the night sky.

5. The storm was a ____scary water__________ as it clawed against my window.

6. The freshly mowed lawn was a _wonderful__________.

7. The noisy children were _____see a dinosaur_______ as they raced through the museum.

8. I was a _______amazing_____ as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.

9. The river was a ___long snake_________ as it twisted and turned down the mountain.

10. His cheeks were _full sticky____________ as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.

No comments:

my plant