An Exercise in Writing Metaphors: Complete the sentences to make your own metaphors.
1. The moon is a ____half watermelon_____.
2. Freckles are ______choco chips___ when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were ____big______ as they lifted the heavy chair.
4. The stars are _____good_______ as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a ____scary water__________ as it clawed against my window.
6. The freshly mowed lawn was a _wonderful__________.
7. The noisy children were _____see a dinosaur_______ as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a _______amazing_____ as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a ___long snake_________ as it twisted and turned down the mountain.
10. His cheeks were _full sticky____________ as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.